The Enterprise GIS Consortium (EGC) is a voluntary consortium of state government organizations focused on effective management of the State’s Enterprise Geographic Information System (GIS). The mission of the EGC is to improve the quality & lower cost of government services through coordinated investment, management, and application of geospatial data & systems.
The EGC supports the ongoing implementation and management of the State's Enterprise Geographic Information System (GIS). This support is guided by the vision and goals articulated in the State of Vermont's GIS Strategic Plan (see below). The Plan aims to establish a dynamic Enterprise GIS framework within state government which:
- Promotes and leverages efficient use of the state's Geographic Information Technology (GIT) resources;
- Recognizes opportunity through coordination and resource sharing;
- Promotes quality and consistency through standardization;
- Addresses data access needs;
- Enhances the effectiveness of GIS services and solutions; and
- Improves decision making throughout state government.
EGC partner agencies' map program pages are here: Agency of Natural Resources, Agency of Transportation, Department of Health. Examples of EGC work are here: 2018, 2017.
Read more about the EGC in the 2017-2020 Strategic Plan: