Welcome to the VCGI Vermont lidar data clearinghouse. For questions, comments and feedback please contact Mike Brouillette (VCGI Lidar Program Manager) via phone (802) 882-3008 or email email@example.com.
Lidar Data Details:
- Explore lidar data coverage/resolution using this ArcGIS Online map
- Order LiDAR products on physical media
- Review lidar data "collection" details (MS-Excel format).
- VT State LiDAR Plan - A blueprint for achieving full state LiDAR coverage and managing the data
- LiDAR Datasets Currently Available with VCGI's "ALL Available LiDAR" Product.
Maps and Images:
- How LiDAR Works - Good visual on how airborne LIDAR is collected. (Photo credit: USGS)
- NYC Point Cloud - A high resolution image of the parent "point cloud" data. (Credit: Jarlath O'Neil-Dunne; UVM-SAL)
- LiDAR Data Quality Levels (QLs) - Specifications for the varying "QLs".
- "Hydro Treatments of LiDAR-Derived DEMs" - Options for Processing LiDAR with regards to Hydrography. : "Hydro Flattening", "Hydro Enforcement" and "Hydro Conditioning" (credit: USGS)
- Solar LiDAR Potential Mapping: St. Albans City Pilot Project - Using LiDAR for Renewable Energy Applications
- 3DEP Program Summary for Vermont - Concise overview of 3DEP Program in Vermont.
- Working with Lidar Data in ArcGIS 10.1 - Very good, free ESRI webinar.