Vermont lidar data downloads and services can be found at the Vermont Open Geodata Portal.
Welcome to the VCGI Vermont lidar data clearinghouse. For questions, comments and feedback please contact Mike Brouillette (VCGI Lidar Program Manager) via phone (802) 882-3008 or email email@example.com.
Lidar Data Details:
- Explore lidar data coverage/resolution using the Vermont Lidar Collection Status Viewer
- View and access raw data from elevation map applications at the portal page.
- Review lidar data "collection" details (MS-Excel format).
Maps and Images:
- How LiDAR Works - Good visual on how airborne LIDAR is collected. (Photo credit: USGS)
- NYC Point Cloud - A high resolution image of the parent "point cloud" data. (Credit: Jarlath O'Neil-Dunne; UVM-SAL)
- LiDAR Data Quality Levels (QLs) - Specifications for the varying "QLs".
- "Hydro Treatments of LiDAR-Derived DEMs" - Options for Processing LiDAR with regards to Hydrography. : "Hydro Flattening", "Hydro Enforcement" and "Hydro Conditioning" (credit: USGS)
- Solar LiDAR Potential Mapping: St. Albans City Pilot Project - Using LiDAR for Renewable Energy Applications
- 3DEP Program Summary for Vermont - Concise overview of 3DEP Program in Vermont.
- Working with Lidar Data in ArcGIS 10.1 - Very good, free ESRI webinar.