VCGI seeks an energetic team-player with a passion for technology to join our hard-working, dedicated and good-humored team. VCGI is focused on the delivery of high quality geospatial data, services, and solutions using methods that are innovative and client-focused. VCGI seeks a temporary, part-time GIS Technician to work on a variety of data-oriented tasks:
· GIS data editing and processing
· GIS data quality assurance and quality control
· GIS data source collection
· Outreach to collect information about existing aerial photography
· Digitization of existing aerial photography
· Georeferencing of aerial imagery
· Data entry
· Metadata editing and processing
· Education: Associates Degree or GIS/GPS Certification
· Experience: One year of experience performing tasks at a technical or professional level in cartography, geography, GIS, or roadway inventory and evaluation.
Note: Preference will be given to candidates with coursework in geography, computer science, GIS, or other coursework closely related to digital mapping. Preference will also be given to applicants with Esri ArcGIS experience.
Apply or Send Questions: submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format by March 31, 2016 to Leslie Pelch via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can also be directed to Leslie.
Location: Montpelier, some travel required.
Status/Pay: Temporary, Part-Time - approximately 20 hours/week for 6 months, $18.05/hour.