- When: May 23, 2017, 8:15 AM - 4:00 PM
- Where: The Capitol Plaza Hotel in Montpelier, VT
- Why: The VT Geospatial Forum is an opportunity to gain technical knowledge as well as to connect with peers and mentors. Three concurrent sessions are offered per time period - you pick which one you wish to attend. Coffee and pastries in the morning and a buffet lunch are included in the price of admission!
- Cost: $65 - includes coffee, pastries, lunch
- Register: Online Registration closes afternoon of 5/19/17. Walkins are welcome, but we can't guarantee you will get lunch.
- Posters: Click on the Poster Gallery picture to the right to see photos of each poster!
Note: Descriptions or PDFs of Presentations are linked to topic titles below.
8:15 - 8:45 - Coffee and Pastries
8:45 - 9:00 - Welcome
9:00 - 9:50
Keynote: Opportunities and Challenges of Crowd-Sourced Data, Big Data, and the Growing Cloud Through the Strava Metro Lens - Brian Riordan, Strava
10:00 - 10:50
- ArcGIS Mobile Solution Offerings, Matt Deal, ESRI & Tom Schwartzman, ESRI
- Using GIS to Develop the Vtrans On-Road Bicycle Plan, Sommer Bucossi, Vtrans & Erica Wygonik, RSG
- Terrestrial Static LiDAR in Transportation, Daniel Jarvis, Vtrans
11:00 - 11:50
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 and Pro, Matt Deal, ESRI & Tom Schwartzman, ESRI
- Building a Mobile App for MassDOT Called “GoTime”: Overview, Challenges, and Innovations (PDF), Mark Haberle, VHB
- MapInfo Pro 16.0 Advanced and Raster Processing, Andrei Veselov, Pitney Bowes
11:50 - 12:30
12:40 - 1:00
- Using SQL to Automate Quality Control (PDF), Meg Petroski, Pitney Bowes
- News From VCGI, John Adams, VCGI
- Developing and Managing a Statewide Mobile Data Collection Program at Vtrans (PDF), Evan Brasseur, Vtrans
1:10 - 1:30
- High-Resolution Land Cover Mapping for the Lake Champlain Basin Program, Jarlath O'Neil-Dunne, UVM SAL & Sean MacFaden, UVM SAL
- Using Business Intelligence Tools with GIS as a Management Reporting Tool, Erik Engstrom, ANR
- Using Maps for Community Engagement in Local Planning (PDF), Emily Nosse-Leirer, CCRPC
1:40 - 2:00
- Jack and Jill Should Not Go Up That Hill: Preliminary LIDAR-Based Landslide Modeling For Better Zoning and Municipal Decision-Making, John Van Hoesen, Green Mountain College
- In-House Web App Development Roundtable, Joanna Grossman, VT Agency of Agriculture
- Drones for GIS-Based Mapping (Story Map), Ernie Buford, UVM SAL & Tayler Engel, UVM SAL
2:10 - 3:00
- Humanitarian Mapping: From Drones to Mapping Parties, Tayler Engel, UVM SAL
- Creating Curve Data on Local Roads to Support Safety Analysis, Michael Trunzo, Vtrans & Johnathan Croft, Vtrans
- Wondrous Widgets, Astounding Analyses or Tantalizing Trumperies: Exploring the CARTO Builder Interface, John Van Hoesen, Green Mountain College
3:10 - 4:00
Panel to Discuss the Future of Desktop GIS: Andrei Veselov, Pitney Bowes; Haynes Bunn; Strava, Matt Deal, ESRI; Ernest Buford, UVM SAL.