The Enterprise GIS Consortium (EGC) is a voluntary consortium of state government organizations focused on effective management of the State’s Enterprise Geographic Information System (GIS).
The EGC supports the ongoing implementation and management of the State's Enterprise Geographic Information System (GIS). This support is guided by the vision and goals articulated in the State of Vermont's GIS Action Plan. The Plan aims to establish a dynamic Enterprise GIS framework within state government which:
- Promotes and leverages efficient use of the state's Geographic Information Technology (GIT) resources;
- Recognizes opportunity through coordination and resource sharing;
- Promotes quality and consistency through standardization;
- Addresses data access needs;
- Enhances the effectiveness of GIS services and solutions; and
- Improves decision making throughout state government.
The EGC pages provide information about various projects and initiatives the EGC has been working on, as well as links to plans, standards and guidelines, and reports.
If you have questions or comments about the EGC, please reach out to VCGI's Director, John Adams, via the link or phone number in the navigation bar to the left.
- EGC Strategic Plan
- EGC Publications
- EGC Workgroups
- ESRI Licensing Information
- Draft Standards and Guidelines Posted For Public Comment
- Other Vermont GIS Sites in State Government