If you are looking for information about posting or finding an internship opportunity, or if you are hoping to participate in VCGI summer GIS training, see the links in the navigation bar to the left!
K-12 Educator Resources:
- Teaching With Maps: From the Science Education Resource Center at Carleton College - a great resource for links to lots of information and lesson plans for Geoscience Teachers.
- Geospatial Revolution Resources for Teachers: The Geospatial Revolution Project is an integrated public service media and outreach initiative about the world of digital mapping and how it is changing the way we think, behave, and interact.
- ArcGIS Training Offered at VT Tech!
- Check the VCGI Event Calendar for Webinars, Conferences, Ignite events (evening), and Workshops!
- VCGI's Intro to GIS Courses
- UNH Geospatial Technologies Training Center - the GTTC offers courses around NH and VT!
- Training Opportunities Offered by ESRI - ESRI offers inexpensive online classes, regional training centers, and onsite training at your office, as well as ESRI-authorized trainers found in many consulting firms.
- Training Opportunities described at the GIS Lounge web page
- Geospatial Technologies (GST) at UVM - Here you will find information on getting started using geospatial technologies, accessing software, finding data, selecting courses, obtaining technical help, learning about research projects, and more. (Burlington, VT)
- Green Mountain College - Geology Department (Poultney, VT)
- Lyndon State College - search course listings for GIS (Lyndonville, VT)
- Johnson State College - search course listings for GIS (Johnson, VT)
- Middlebury College Geography Department manages four laboratories that support digital cartography, geographic information systems, and remote sensing. The dept. offers an introductory GIS class and an advanced GIS class, as well as opportunities to participate in research and other projects.(Middlebury, VT)
- Northeastern University: We are a fully online program and only the 2nd online program to be USGIF accredited. (Boston, MA)
- Clark University M.S. in Geographic Information Science for Development and Environment: Clark’s STEM-designated Master’s in Geographic Information Science for Development and Environment (GISDE) is a joint program between Clark’s International Development, Community and Environment Department (IDCE) and Graduate School of Geography. (Potsdam, NY)
- National Geospatial Technology Center of Excellence - a great website that includes a map showing the location of Geospatial Technology educational progams and containing information abotu GIS career pathways.
- URISA Listing of Colleges and Universities Offering GIS Programs
- www.unigis.org - UNIGIS is a worldwide network of educational institutions which offer distance learning courses in GIS. Institutions within the UNIGIS network offer internationally recognised qualifications for GIS professionals and those seeking to enter the field.