The Vermont Center for Geographic Information (VCGI) initiated the collection of the Vintage 4 (2016-2020) orthoimagery in Rutland and Windsor Counties during 2016. Click here (PDF) or here (Interactive map) to see the what area will be collected each year. This base-level imagery will be available for FREE in compressed format and has the following characteristics:
- Statewide 30cm pixel resolution. 15cm pixel resolution for a sub-set of "buy-up" areas.
- Black and White, Color, and Near Infrared will be available
- Collected after the snow melts and before the trees leaf out in the spring
- The horizontal accuracy of the Vintage 4 (2016-2020) orthoimagery meets 30cm and 15cm (buy-up areas only) horizontal accuracy standards specified in ASPRS’s Positional Accuracy Standards for Digital Geospatial Data specification. This equates to +/- 73.4 cm RMSE (for both X and Y at 95% confidence level)) for this 30cm ground sample distance (GSD) imagery and +/- 36.7 for 15cm GSD "buy-ups", and is designed for “standard mapping and GIS work” as specified within ASPRS’s specification. More info here: http://www.asprs.org/a/society/committees/standards/ASPRS_Positional_Accuracy_Standards_Edition1_Version100_November2014.pdf
- Click here for additional information about using the vintage 4 Orthoimagery.
- VCGI continues to facilitate statewide data acquisition as opportunities for collaboration arise (i.e Lidar, NAIP, etc...)
- VCGI will consider archiving and distributing other digital raster data on a case-by-case basis - please use contacts link for assistance
- VCGI looks forward to seeking input from users of VT imagery and raster data regarding future data acquisition.