VCGI is pleased to announce the initial rollout of lidar image services covering all or parts of Addison, Bennington, Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille, Orleans, Rutland, Washington, Rutland and parts of Caledonia and Orange Counties (see map below). The remaining area should have services by the end of 2017. The links below will take you directly to the Rest Endpoint Page for each service.
- Lidar-based Digital Elevation Model (DEM), State Plane Coordinate System, Not Cached - http://maps.vcgi.vermont.gov/arcgis/rest/services/EGC_services/ IMG_VCGI_LIDARDEM_SP_NOCACHE_v1/ImageServer
- Lidar-based Hillshade, State Plan Coordinate System, Cached (see note below!) - http://maps.vcgi.vermont.gov/arcgis/rest/services/EGC_services/ IMG_VCGI_LIDARHILLSHD_SP_CACHE_v1/ImageServer
- Lidar-based Hillshade, Web Mercator Coordinate System, Cached (see note below!) - http://maps.vcgi.vermont.gov/arcgis/rest/services/ EGC_services/IMG_VCGI_LIDARHILLSHD_WM_CACHE_v1/ImageServer
- The DEM image service was intentionally published with the default gray scale color ramp to support flexibility for the user. For details on how you can generate derivatives on the fly using this service, please watch the March 2017 webinar on how to use the new lidar imagery services http://vcgi.vermont.gov/events/archive#webinar (the powerpoint used is also linked from the event archive).
- The Hillshade services are being initially release without first being “cached” in order to make them available as early as possible while the time intensive cache generation process is conducted.
- All of the DEM data in these services are also available for download: Keyword search at geodata portal on 0.7 meter will bring these and other high resolution elevation products to the top of the search results list.
- Associated contour data (both 1’ and 2’) are also available: Keyword search on 1 ft contour and 2 ft contour work well.