The VT Center for Geographic Information (VCGI) is pleased to release a new interactive map viewer that leverages the latest HTML5 capabilities and GIS data. Here are some key features of the new Map Viewer.
- Supported on all modern web browsers on desktop computers, tablets and phones. No plugins!
- Save your map via "Save" button (NOTE: must sign-in to ArcGIS Online account first – available for free).
- Lidar terrain / hillshade data (~50% of the state).
- Access to VCGI Open Data via a Layer Catalog
- Download the data layers from the Table of Contents (refer to FAQ for details).
- Determine when aerial photos were taken (refer to FAQ for details)
- Change how layers are symbolized so they look the way you want.
- Export/Print maps to many different formats.
- Get a street view (Google Street View function).
Check it out here: http://maps.vermont.gov/vcgi/html5viewer/?viewer=vtmapviewer
We hope you enjoy the new VT Interactive Map Viewer! Please direct questions, comments, and suggestions to ACCD.VCGIInfo@vermont.gov.
P.S. The old Microsoft Silverlight Map Viewer will be supported until 3/1/2017 per VCGI’s Life Cycle Policy.