The Vermont Center for Geographic Information, a division of the Agency of Commerce and Community Development (VCGI), will provide strategic governance and deliver high quality geospatial data, services, solutions, infrastructure and expertise using methods that are efficient and effective, client-focused, and consistent with our enabling legislation.
We hope the information and documents linked below give you more insight into VCGI as an organization.
VT State GIS Annual Report (FY2016)
What Does VCGI Do?
The storage and provision of free digital geographic data created by members of the VT GIS community are two of the most important tasks that VCGI performs. Anyone can visit the VCGI Data and Imagery section of the website to download this GIS data. If you are not familiar with the term "GIS", click here.
VCGI is also eager to answer your questions, help you understand your options, and provide the technical expertise needed to move you forward on a mapping/GIS project. We often provide initial consulting services and then help an organization formulate a plan to hire a private consulting firm. Contact our Director or Outreach Coordinator (contact info is provided in navigation bar to the left) if you would like to request help with a project.
VCGI also does the following:
Provides the following services on a case by case basis:
- Request for Proposals (RFP) development
- Project Scoping/Refinement
- Basic consultanting re: understanding GIS options
- Develops data standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Develops and assists in the development of essential statewide databases
- Develops and hosts interactive map applications to increase the public's access to information
- Performs outreach and training to current and potential GIS users